Friday, May 7, 2010

Fuck reddit.com

Today, fishing around reddit.com I realized that I had been given my first 'trophy.' Which is a stupid thing they give to losers like me who spend too much time on that site, participating in the destruction of our own usefulness. Apparently my 1 year anniversary has occurred, so now I'm leaving.

Everyday, the first website I check when I get home is Reddit. I sometimes spend an hour but usually I spend 4-5. I never learn anything it just feeds into my ADD. Headline. Comments. This guy is an ass hole. Leave a comment. Look at my karma to see what people thought of my comments. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Lately though, I've realized that comments have been completely unfunny and a few funny ones I've left have been completely misread. In short, the people of Reddit, not unlike the people of Earth, are fucking ass holes. So I'm gone.

The other, and probably the real, reason I'm leaving is that it's just a waste of time. There are funny things to be found, usually with little effort but in the long run it's adding nothing to my life. So I'm leaving for a year. Fuck it. I have bigger things to pursue...for the most part I have no idea what they are but I'm pretty sure they're bigger and there is no doubt they are better.

No comments: